MSS Cutting Rules
Unless otherwise stipulated all stones will be
- 3/4ct 5.8mm (5.75-5.85) rounds
- Hearts and Arrows level symmetry
- GIA Ex Polish and symmetry
- No painting or digging
- G to F
- VS2 / SI1
- Non Fluoro
- Average Girdle thickness: Medium 3% at mains
- No more than +- 0.3% girdle variation around each stone
- All must get GIA EX Cut grade (unless other request)
- e.g. depth % must be less than 63%
- Star facets 55% +- 2%
- Lower girdle half Length = 80% (as measured by the GIA and Sarin
approach) +- 2% (but 78% is better then 82%)
Pavilion +- 0.2° within each stone. But better accuracy between stones
Crown +- 0.2°, Table +- 0.5%, Girdle +- 0.3%.
Diameter deviation should be within 10-20 microns (0.01-0.02 mm).
Azimuth (index) variation maximum +- 0.5°. Average less then 0.3° (we
can discuss it).
In this example all cut parameters should be identical with "accuracy"
0.1°. For example, the difference in pavilion angle between diamonds T55%
P41.75° Cr34.5° and T57% P41.75° Cr34.5° should not be more than 0.1°.
For example T55% P41.65° Cr34.5° and T57% P41.75° Cr34.5° would be acceptable
accuracy error is up to +-0.1°. But this example would not be acceptable
T55% P41.65° Cr34.5° and T57% P41.85° Cr34.5° (accuracy 0.2°).
MSS Fire serie
The stones could have any parameters for the best Fire.
List of all MSS diamonds
AGS & GIA
AGS GOLD 2008 & AGSPGS Chart for Table 57%
GIA, AGS GOLD 2008 & AGSPGS Charts
GIA & AGSPGS